Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 22 in the Wilderness- Tabernacling with God

"For in the day of trouble God will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me on a high rock."(Psalm 27:5)

When the Israelites were in the wilderness God tabernacled with them. God gave them explicit instructions on building the tabernacle, but it was God's presence that made the tabernacle a place where they experienced God in their midst. As I write this devotion, our youth are at Sterling with advisors Joe and Katie. They are worshipping at the Sterling College auditorium in which God's presence is palpable and real. I remember the times I had the privilege of serving communion with the youth at Sleepless and feeling the energy of God and God's people in that place. I remember feeling that same energy in worship at Westminster Woods as we would worship God on the edge of the woods and the water and know that God was tabernacling with us there. As I write this devotion, the new chapel is being built at Westminster Woods and I know that it will be a place where our young people meet God in the wilderness. Today, I thank God that God is still tabernacling with us today. And I look forward to going "to church" tommorrow knowing that God is tabernacling with us in the sanctuary of Covenant as well.

No comments: